Item #: 331222285
Since the first GEL-1000 shoe was introduced, this series has held the title of `best value' within ASICS Performance Running collection. With a consistently great fitting upper and comfortable ride, along with technology typically found on more expensive models, each version has offered more `bang for the buck'.
- For 2012, the 1000 series takes a quantum leap forward to premium GT status adding new features, updates and carry-over technologies
- New Features and Benefits
- Decoupled Midsole - Improves forefoot flexibility and reduces weight
- Discrete Heel Cartridge - identical heel set-up to the GT-2170 enhances cushioning and improves performance
- Guidance Line Technology - Full length vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency
- Lowered Midsole Height - reduced by 1mm in both the forefoot and the heel to create more responsive road feel. In conjunction with the new GEL unit this improves rearfoot cushioning and forefoot flexibility.
- No-Sew upper - reduces the potential for irritation
- Flex Fit Lacing - Medial and lateral elastic gores between lace loops lessen the lace pressure on the foot and provides an improved fit environment.
- Carry-Over Features and Benefits
- Ahar + - A durability feature with higher abrasion resistance than standard AHAR is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to help cut down on excessive wear
- ComforDry - An insole providing optimum cushioning while creating a cooler, drier, healthier shoe environment
- Decoupled Crashpads - Spaces within the heel landing areas disperse the shock on landing and reduce weight
- DuoMax - To help correct the degree and velocity of pronation, ASICS developed DuoMax, a system consisting of two or more different density midsole materials
- Gel Cushioning (forefoot and rearfoot) - ASICS exclusive silicone based technology is strategically located at high impact areas of the midsole for shock absorption
- SpEVA - Lightweight midsole material improves bounce-back characteristics and increased the durability of the midsole
- SpEVA 55 Lasting - A last with density for cushioning and accommodates the foot in a stable footbed.
- Trusstic System - A molded component which reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe