Win an exclusive workout with the New York City Ballet
Sport Chek and PUMA have partnered to give 10 lucky winners and their guest the chance to participate in an exclusive workout with two New York City Ballet dancers at the Extension Room in Toronto.
You’ll meet the dancers, get fully outfitted in PUMA gear, sweat through an exclusive workout with the team, fuel up with a healthy breakfast, and leave with your very own Sport Chek and PUMA swag package filled with workout necessities.
Check out the details below to see how you and guest can win the opportunity of a lifetime.
How To Enter
Social Media Promoted Post
- Login to your Instagram or Facebook account
- Find the @sportchek sponsored post in your feed featuring the PUMA x New York City Ballet video
- Comment on the post telling us what motivates you to live an active lifestyle
Social Media Organic Post
- Check out @sportchek on Facebook or Instagram
- Find the PUMA x New York City Ballet video
- Comment on the post telling us what motivates you to live an active lifestyle
Contest Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is sponsored by FGL Sports Ltd. and Puma Canada (the “Contest Sponsors” or “Sponsors”).
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest opens on May 16, 2018 at 12:01am MST and closes on May 30, 2018 at 11:59pm MST (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter
1. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older, who have a registered Instagram or Facebook account (a “Social Media Account”) at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of the Contest Sponsors, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or licensees. The Contest is subject to all applicable provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
How to Enter
2. During the Contest Period, you may enter the Contest in one (1) of the following two (2) ways:
a. Social Media Promoted Post: Login to your Instagram or Facebook account and comment on the @sportchek sponsored PUMA x NYCB post in your feed. By entering the contest you are confirming that you have read the Rules and Regulations for this contest.
b. Social Media Organic Post: Login to your Instagram or Facebook account, visit @sportchek’s profile page, find the PUMA x New York City Ballet post and comment on the post.
3. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
4. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Social Media Account (either Instagram or Facebook). If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to: (a) obtain more than one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period; and/or (b) use multiple names, identities, Instagram accounts, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
5. Entries must be received within the Contest Period. Entries received after the Contest Period closes will not be accepted.
6. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsors, which are final and binding, without right of appeal.
7. The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or malfunction, Internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL (i.e. the Sport Chek Facebook Page), or any combination thereof. Further, the Contest Sponsors shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed.
How to Win
8. On or about May 30, 2018, at the conclusion of the Contest Period, two (2) random draws will be conducted in Calgary, Alberta, at the offices of FGL Sports, 824 41 Ave NE, Calgary AB:
a. Non-GTA Pool: From the first random draw, one (1) entry will be selected from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Contest Period from entrants who are not residents of the Greater Toronto Area (the “Non-GTA Selected Entrant”). The Non-GTA Selected Entrant will be eligible to win the Non-GTA Prize (as defined below).
b. GTA Pool: From the second random draw, nine (9) entries will be selected from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Contest Period from entrants who are residents of the Greater Toronto Area (the “GTA Selected Entrants” and together with the Non-GTA Selected Entrant, the “Selected Entrants”). The GTA Selected Entrants will be eligible to win the GTA Prize (as defined below).
9. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries submitted for each pool (GTA Pool and Non-GTA Pool) during the Contest Period.
10. The Selected Entrants will be contacted by the Contest Sponsors by direct message using the contact information provided at the time of entry to the Contest and notified that he/she has been selected as a potential Contest winner (the “Notification”).
11. If a Selected Entrant does not respond to the Notification within three (3) business days thereof, the Selected Entrant will be automatically disqualified and an alternate Selected Entrant will be drawn from all remaining Contest entries in the applicable pool. The return of any Notification made by email as undeliverable may result in disqualification.
12. To be declared the Contest winner the Selected Entrant must first: (a) sign a declaration confirming compliance with the official rules and regulations and acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, governors, employees, agents, representatives, parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, related entities, partners, partnerships, suppliers of prizes, licensees, and licensors from any liability in connection with this Contest (the “Release Parties”); (c) sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors a Publicity Release form and (d) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by Contest Sponsors.
13. The Selected Entrants may also be required to submit valid proof of identity.
14. By accepting a Prize (as defined below), the Contest winner authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, City of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, at no additional compensation to the Contest winner(s) beyond the awarding of the Prize.
15. There will be a total of ten (10) prizes (the “Prizes”) available to be won as follows:
a. Non-GTA Prize: One (1) Prize will be available for the Non-GTA Pool consisting of a trip for two (2) to Toronto, Ontario. The trip must take place between June 22- 24, 2018 (or on such other dates as may be specified by the Sponsors in its sole and absolute discretion) and includes: (i) transportation (economy class) for the confirmed winner and one (1) travel companion who is eighteen (18) years of age or older to Toronto, Ontario from a Canadian location near the confirmed winner's residence (as determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); (ii) accommodation for two (2) (double occupancy) for two (2) nights in a hotel determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion; (iii) meet and greet with two dancers from the New York City Ballet Dancers (iv) one-hour group workout session with the New York City Ballet and the other Prize winners; (v) post-workout fuel up consisting of a juice bar option and breakfast bowl option; and (iv) one (1) swag bag each of the winner and their guest consisting of one (1) Puma and Sport Chek branded yoga mat, Puma En Pointe footwear and apparel, one (1) Swell water bottle, RMS Beauty face wipes, and one (1) bottle of Batiste dry shampoo; Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize ("ARV"): $3,150 based on a Calgary, Alberta departure example – although the actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual and approximate retail values be awarded. Choice of transportation method, hotel accommodations (including, without limitation, room size and occupancy), ticket levels and all other aspects of each Non-GTA Prize are at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
b. GTA Prize: Nine (9) Prizes will be available for the GTA Pool each consisting of a workout experience for the winner and one (1) guest consisting of: (i) meet and greet with two to three dancers from the New York City Ballet Dancers (ii) one-hour group workout session with the New York City Ballet and the other Prize winners; (iii) post-workout fuel up consisting of a juice bar option and breakfast bowl option; and (iv) one (1) swag bag for each of the winner and their guest consisting of one (1) Puma and Sport Chek branded yoga mat, Puma En Pointe footwear and apparel, one (1) Swell water bottle, RMS Beauty face wipes, and one (1) bottle of Batiste dry shampoo. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize ("ARV"): $450.
16. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prizes: (a) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); (b) no substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsors’ option; (c) if the confirmed winner and/or his/her guest do not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (d) Sponsors reserve the right at any time to: (i) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (ii) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (e) all arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through the Sponsors or its designated agents; (f) by accepting the Prize, the confirmed winners agree to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; (g) the confirmed winner’s Guest must: (i) be eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating (among other things) that he/she waives all recourse against the Released Parties relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto); and (h) winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
17. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following additional general conditions apply to the Non-GTA Prize: (a) all travel related to the Non-GTA Prize must occur within the dates specified by the Sponsors (otherwise the Non-GTA Prize may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be forfeited in its entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in its place); (b) the confirmed winner and his/her guest must: (i) travel on same itinerary; and (ii) have all necessary documentation to permit domestic travel; (c) the costs of everything not specifically and expressly stated above as included in the Non-GTA Prize are the sole and absolute responsibility of the confirmed winner and his/her and guest, including, without limitation: meals and drinks; gratuities; entertainment; health and travel insurance; transportation for confirmed winner and his/her guest to and from the Canadian departure location selected by the Sponsors; additional transportation; baggage and other fees; and items of a personal nature (NOTE: confirmed winner and/or his/her guest may be required to present a valid major credit card in his/her name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses); and (d) transportation is subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations and other transportation restrictions and regulations.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
18. Contest Sponsors make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize or entrant’s participation in the Contest. Contest Sponsors are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost or injury that arises from or relates to participation in this contest, or winning or use of a prize, including but not limited to, for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any damage to entrant’s or third party’s computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
19. Further, by entering the Contest, entrants and each of its heirs, successors, and assigns releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, losses, or damages, or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or possession or use of any prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties for any and all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of the, or any portion thereof, or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest.
20. The Contest Sponsors make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, or any portion thereof, and disclaims any implied warranties.
21. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modify the official rules and regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of this Contest.
23. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by or on behalf of the Sponsors, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact entrants if they have been selected, verify eligibility of the selected entrant, and, in the event the entrant opts in at the time of registering as a SportChek.ca member if not already a SportChek.ca member, to send SportChek.ca promotional materials and/or SportChek.ca newsletters to the entrant, and for no other reason, and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsors directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed to other persons.
24. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
25. All entrants further consent to the publication of their names and photographs without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Contest Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to print, broadcast, the internet and in-store marketing campaigns.
27. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
28. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsors with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
29. The name of the Contest winner will be available and may be obtained by e-mail sent to customerservice@SportChek.ca within 120 after the close of the Contest Period.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.