SPORT CHEK X YETI – CALGARY STAMPEDE YETI SOCIAL GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is sponsored by FGL Sports Ltd. (the “Contest Sponsor” or “Sponsor”).
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest opens on July 12, 2019 at 8:00am MST and closes on July 15, 2018 at 5:00pm MST (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter
1. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older.
2. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of the Contest Sponsor, or any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or licensees. The Contest is subject to all applicable provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
How to Enter
3. To enter, during the Contest Period, eligible participants need to visit to the official Instagram feed of Sport Chek, @sportchek (accessed here: https://www.instagram.com/sportchek) and follow the clues/hints as they are published in real-time on the Instagram feed. There will be four clues in total. Each clue will correspond to a different location on the Calgary Stampede Grounds where a prize will be hidden and will contain a code word. The first eligible participant to meet a Contest representative at the correct location and provide the correct code word will be the winner of the corresponding prize.
4. Limit of one (1) prize per person during the Contest Period.
5. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (a) obtain more than one (1) prize per person during the Contest Period; and/or (b) use multiple names, identities, accounts, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
6. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding, without right of appeal.
7. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or malfunction, Internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL (i.e. the Atmosphere Instagram Feed), transportation, entrance into the Calgary Stampede Grounds, or any combination thereof. Further, the Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed.
How to Win
8. The Contest will be won based on the first eligible participant to (i) successfully meet the Contest representative at one of the four prize locations revealed in the clues and (ii) provide the correct code word (each a “Selected Entrant”).
9. In the event of a "tie", eligible participants may be asked to answer a Stampede trivia question until only one eligible participant can answer the question correctly. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor will be final and binding.
10. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible participants participating in the Contest during the Contest Period.
11. To be declared a Contest winner, the Selected Entrant who successfully finds a prize location and provides the correct code word must first: (a) sign a declaration confirming compliance with the official rules and regulations and acceptance of the prize as awarded; (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, governors, employees, agents, representatives, parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, related entities, partners, partnerships, suppliers of prizes, licensees, and licensors from any liability in connection with this Contest (the “Release Parties”); (c) sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor a Publicity Release form and (d) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by Contest Sponsor.
12. The Selected Entrants may also be required to submit valid proof of identity.
13. By accepting a prize, each Contest winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, City of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, at no additional compensation to the Contest winner beyond the awarding of the prize.
14. There will be a total of three (3) prizes available to be won by three (3) winners. Each prize will consist of the following (Approximate Retail Value of each prize is CAD $549):
(a) Two (2) Calgary Stampede Evening Show standing tickets;
(b) Calgary Stampede food and beverage vouchers in the amount of $50.00;
(c) Two (2) 20 oz YETI Rambler Tumblers;
(d) Two (2) Calgary Stampede Gate Passes; and
(e) One (1) YETI Roadie 20 Cooler.
15. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the prizes: (a) prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); (b) no substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s option; (c) if the confirmed winner does not utilize any part(s) of the prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, will be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (d) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (i) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the prize or any component thereof; and (ii) substitute the prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (e) all arrangements relating to the prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents; (f) by accepting the prize, the confirmed winners agree to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; and (g) winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable.
16. In the event the Contest winners is unable to take any portion of the prize with them at the time they are declared a winner, the Contest winner will have until Friday July 27, 2018 at 5:00pm MST to pick up the prize from the FGL Sports Ltd. head office located at FGL offices #110 - 205 Quarry Park Blvd. SE, Calgary, AB T2C 3E7. Any portion of the prize that is not claimed by the Contest winner by this date will be deemed to be forfeited.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
17. Contest Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize or entrant’s participation in the Contest. Contest Sponsor are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost or injury that arises from or relates to participation in this Contest, or winning or use of a prize, including but not limited to, for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to entrant’s or third party’s computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
18. Further, by entering the Contest, entrants and each of its heirs, successors, and assigns releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, losses, or damages, or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or possession or use of any prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties for any and all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of the, or any portion thereof, or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest.
19. The Contest Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, or any portion thereof, and disclaims any implied warranties.
20. The Contest Sponsor reserves their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modify the official rules and regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of this Contest.
22. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by or on behalf of the Sponsor, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact entrants if they have been selected, verify eligibility of the selected entrant; and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsor directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed to other persons.
23. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
24. All entrants further consent to the publication of their names and photographs without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Contest Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to print, broadcast, the internet and in-store marketing campaigns.
26. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
27. The name of the Contest winners will be available and may be obtained by e-mail sent to customerservice@SportChek.ca within 120 after the close of the Contest Period.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.