The latest Generation of award winning SPOT devices, SPOT Gen 3 give you a critical lifesaving line of communication using 100% satellite technology
- S.O.S.: With the push of a button, GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center provides your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams - The S.O.S. button is for emergencies only.
- Check In: Let family and friends know you're ok when you're out of cell phone range. Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps(tm) to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference
- Help/SPOT Assist: Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT Assist for professional services on land or water. (Additional service required).
- Custom Message: Stay in touch while off the grid by sending your custom message. Set up a message before leaving to send to contacts with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT Assist service on your Help button
- Tracking: Allow friends and family to follow your progress online in near real-time and save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date
- Unlimited Tracking Set it and forget it. Pre-set your SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of your adventures. Change your tracks to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes. SPOT Gen3 will send tracks at your chosen rate for as long as your device is turned on and moving (no need to re-set after 24 hours). Tracking doesn't stop until you do
- Extreme Tracking Get all of the great features of Unlimited Tracking, but with the added ability to vary your track rate down to every 2 1/2 minutes. Don't miss a step with increased track rates
- IPX7 waterproof: Up to a depth of 1 m for up to 30 minutes (SPOT is not waterproof when being line powered)
- Operating temperatures: -22 F to +140 F (-30 C to 60 C)
- Operating altitude: -328 ft to 21,320 ft (-100 m to 6,500 m)
- Humidity and Salt Fog rated