The ASICS 1000 series takes a quantum leap forward to premium GT status adding new features, updates and carry-over technologies.
- Decoupled Midsole – Improves forefoot flexibility and reduces weight
- Discrete Heel Cartridge – identical heel set-up to the GT-2170 improves cushioning and improves performance
- Guidance Line Technology – Full length vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for improved gait efficiency
- Lowered Midsole Height – reduced by 1mm in both the forefoot and the heel to create more responsive road feel. In conjunction with the new GEL unit this improves rearfoot cushioning and forefoot flexibility
- No-Sew upper – seamless upper construction reduces the potential for irritation
- Flex Fit Lacing – Medial and lateral elastic gores between lace loops lessen the lace pressure on the foot and provides an improved fit environment
- DuoMax Support System - To help correct the degree and velocity of pronation, ASICS developed DuoMax, a system consisting of two or more different density midsole materials
- Gel Cushioning (forefoot and rearfoot) – ASICS exclusive silicone based technology is strategically located at high impact areas of the midsole for shock absorption
- SpEVA Midsole – Lightweight midsole material improves bounce-back characteristics and increased the durability of the midsole
- SpEVA 55 Lasting - A last with density for cushioning and accommodates the foot in a stable footbed
- Trusstic System - A molded component which reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe
- ComforDry Sockliner – An insole providing optimum cushioning while creating a cooler, drier, healthier shoe environment
- Decoupled Crashpads – Spaces within the heel landing areas disperse the shock on landing and reduce weight
- Ahar + – A durability feature with higher abrasion resistance than standard AHAR is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to help cut down on excessive wear
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to a Sport Chek retail store or a Sport Chek warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.