The iconic Mexico 66 was born in 1966 and debuted at the 1968 Olympic games pre-trials in Mexico with a premium white leather, stitched with red and blue tiger stripes. Today, the Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Men’s Shoes has been reawakened and remains to be the most popular shoe in the Onitsuka Tiger collection. Since its revival, the heritage racer gets the full-grain leather treatment on the side panels and tiger stripes, while the heel and toecap are finished off with a smooth leather, accompanied by a natural leather heel tab, branded with the Onitsuka Tiger emblem.
- The Mexico 66 was worn for at the Olympic Summer Games in 1968 by all Onitsuka Tiger athletes
- The Mexico 66 silhouette is synonymous excellence in track and field and marathon running
- Onitsuka Tiger’s real progress occurred in 1966 with this introduction and the legendary lines remain the same, unchanged, on every pair of Onitsuka Tigers and ASICS today
- Designed for the pre-Olympic trials of the Mexico City Olympic Summer games of 1968
- Style number: D5M0L.2571
- Colour: Burgundy Tan (BURG/TAN)