The ASICS GT-1000 5 combines a new Gel configuration with a new engineered mesh upper for a cushioned, supportive, comfortable ride.
- Convergence Gel: Gel is placed at an angle to provide two directions of cushioning and support Convergence Gel is closer to the foot and increases cushioning properties and better replicates the fatty tissues of the foot
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement on multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
- Dynamic DuoMax® Support System: This evolution of DuoMax is a recognition that each IGS component works best when it evolves from static (one big block) to dynamic – (multiple ridges) Benefits: Reduces weight; Improves comfort and ride; Maintains stability
- Guidance Line®: Vertical ﬂex outsole groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for improved gait efﬁciency
- Guidance Trusstic™: This Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® construction for improved gait efﬁciency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- SpEVA® Midsole Material: Improves bounce-back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown
- Impact Guidance System (IGS®) (Running): ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to improve the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off