When the trail is long and ounces count, reach for the Osprey Exos 48 Backpack. Made with the ultralight thru-hikers in mind, everything about this pack is light and fast. The mesh Airspeed™ Suspension stabilizes the load and simultaneously provides maximum airflow for high-output ventilation. The ExoForm™ hipbelt and shoulder harness combine for all-day carrying comfort.
Osprey designers built this pack from light but durable 100D High Tenacity nylon and added superlight YKK zippers. Along with featherweight materials, the top lid is removable, as are all external straps to shave a few more ounces. The integrated Flapjacket™ remains to protect your gear if the weather turns nasty.
Mesh side pockets with InsideOut™ compression combine storage and stability. The front stretch mesh pocket gives you quick access to a map or an extra layer. Two zippered hipbelt pockets keep snacks and essentials secure.
This pack includes an ice axe attachment loop just in case you’re in the mood to blitzkrieg an alpine adventure. External cord tie-off points give you the option to lash on additional gear.
If you dream of thru-hiking the Continental Divide or the Colorado Trail, the Osprey Exos 48 is the backpack for the job.
- Removable floating lid with top & under-lid zippered pockets
- Superlight YKK® buckles
- Removable superlight, 7 mm side compression straps
- Mesh side pockets with InsideOut™ compression
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
- Cross-functional and removable sleeping pad straps
- Integrated FlapJacket™ for weather-protected lidless use
- Cord tie-off points
- Front stretch mesh pocket
- Ice tool attachment loop
- Weight: SM 2.23 lbs (1.01 kg) MD 2.31 lbs (1.05 kg) LG 2.40 lbs (1.09 kg)
- Dimensions: 28" x 14" x 12" (71 x 35 x 30 cm)
- Load Range: 20-40 lbs (9-18 kg)
- Main Fabric: 100D High Tenacity Nylon
- Accent Fabric: 100D High Tenacity Nylon Ripstop
- Bottom Fabric: 100D High Tenacity Nylon Ripstop