The GT-2000 5 continues to deliver impressive support and superior fit for over-pronators, while also providing excellent cushioning for long runs. The introduction of Convergence GEL technology means the GEL is closer to the foot, improving shock attenuation and comfort. A redesigned upper features less seams and overlays, reducing weight and providing an improved fit. Support has been bolstered through the inclusion of internal strapping on the medial side and a stronger heel counter. A new Ortholite Lasting and sockliner enhance over all comfort, guaranteeing a plush ride in the GT-2000 5.
- AHAR Ride+ is an advanced outsole material with virtually the same lightness and grip properties as ASICS conventional rubber, with the advantage of being three times more durable.
- Bunion Window provides a soft synthetic area on the medial forefoot, reducing the risk of irritation.
- ComforDry™ Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance and moisture wicking for a cooler, dryer, healthier environment.
- Convergence GEL® Cushioning system is positioned closer to the heels spherical shape for improved cushioning shock dispersion.
- Independently placed Discrete Eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- Dynamic DuoMAX™ Support system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- ASICS FluidRide® midsole provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Guidance Trusstic System™ Technology integrates Guidance Line® construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Guidance Line® midsole vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Heel Clutching System™ technology provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- ASICS LS (Lite-Show) Reflectivite technology ensures visibility in low light conditions, perfect for those early morning and late night runs.