The MSR Lightning Ascent snowshoe is now even more reliable thanks to new tougher decking, MSR's ultralight snowshoes are built on a solid foundation of their advanced 360° Traction™ frames and deliver a level of security that tubular frames simply can’t—especially on traverses. Dual-component PosiLock™ AT bindings offer the most secure attachment, while aggressive steel cross members and easily engaged Ergo™ Televators back you up with every step. And like all of the snowshoes, MSR Lightning Ascents offer the all-condition adaptability of their Modular Flotation tails.
- Unrivaled Traction: 360° Traction frames deliver edge-to-edge grip, and split teeth of Torsion2™ crampons better distribute forces for more continuous contact—delivering unmatched traction on any terrain, in any conditions.
- Secure Attachment: Two-piece, independently conforming PosiLock™ AT bindings create the most secure, freeze-resistant attachment, regardless of footwear.
- All-Condition Adaptability: Add-on Modular Flotation tails allow you the maneuverability of a smaller, primary snowshoe with the added, on-demand flotation of optional, 5-inch (13-cm) tails.
- Uphill Efficiency: Ergo™ Televators reduce fatigue and increase traction on the steeps with an ergonomic design that engages with a flick of a pole grip.
- Dimensions: 8" W x 30" L
- Weight (per pair): 4 lbs 9 oz (2.08 kg)
- Surface Area: 240 sq in
- Optimal Load: 150-280 lbs (68-127 kg)
- Optimal Load with Tails: 180-300+ lbs (82-136+ kg)
- Footwear Size Range: US 4.5-15, EURO 35.5-49.5