You knew when you planned the ride it would be a long day - a route stacked with grinding climbs and twisting descents, terrible roads with a good amount of who-knows-what-else thrown in. These rides aren’t most people’s idea of fun, but they sure are memorable, monumental, challenging. Is that why you keep going? You suck down another coffee and pull on your shoe covers to hold the weather at bay, it’s going to clear out and warm up in a few hours... Probably. Grab your Avant and do a quick check before rolling into the morning mist. No other machine could better help you endure the hours of rough, exhausting conditions ahead. It’s going to be a long day - and you love it.
NOTE: Pedals not included.
- EFFICIENCY: The large majority of torsional and lateral loads are handled by the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube and chainstays are shaped to resist twisting and transmit power to the rear wheel. There is no doubt about it, large cross-sections and resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame translate directly to more watts on the road and a sensation that power transfer is instantaneous.
- AVANT FORK: The Avant fork uses a shallower, rounded-blade profile and longer fork legs to offer the best combination of elasticity, tire clearance and torsional stiffness. The increased axle-to-crown height is offset by a shorter headtube to maintain stack measurements and improve aesthetics.
- ORBEA ENDURANCE GEOMETRY: Avant Endurance Geometry is born from years of analyzing how ergonomics can help you ride further. Unlike a racing geometry that is focused on aerodynamics, endurance ergonomics result in a bike that is easier to ride and increases stamina. Handling is precise and intuitive. Angles and dimensions are considered carefully across a range of sizes to maximize rider comfort. And more comfort means longer rides.
- Frame: Orbea Avant Hydro, hydroformed triple butted aluminum
- Fork: Avant carbon fork, aluminum steerer, 1-1/8" head tube.
- Wheels: Shimano R-501 Clincher TYRES: Kenda Kriterium 700x25 60TPI
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 4700
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 4700 GS / Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 4700
- Crankset: Shimano Tiagra 4700 34x50t
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra HG-500 11-32t 10-Speed
- Chain: KMC X10-1 EPT
- Handlebar: Orbea OC-II
- Stem: Orbea OC-II
- Saddle: Prologo K3 STN size 141 mm
- Seat Post: Orbea OC-II Carbon 27.2x350mm
- Brakes: Orbea OC-II
- Pedals: Not Included
- Grips: Orbea
- Vendor Style Number: I103