Natural progression leads us to more aggressive trails. Riders want an Occam AM with more travel, larger tires, extra stability and more opportunity for MyO Lite customization. The 2018 Occam AM checks all the boxes - Occam AM steps up to 150mm travel with a slacker 66.5º head angle and wider rims, making even the toughest terrain faster and more fun. The new Fox Float DPX2 gives more sophisticated damping that you'll need when the trail gets bigger.
NOTE: Pedals not included.
- TRAIL GEOMETRY: The Occam AM, with 150mm travel and a manageable size using 27.5” wheels. Our consistent and proportional stack and reach measurements guarantee that every rider experiences flawless handling in a svelte, fun and fast bike regardless of frame size or wheel size.
- ADVANCED DYNAMICS: "Advanced Dynamics is not a design, but a development process. Our unique method transforms virtual models into real, highly-refined machines – Bikes for demanding riders that are faster, more fun to ride and far beyond ordinary. The leverage ratio curve of the Occam AM is perfect for efficient trail riding. "
- MONOCOQUE: Orbea uses the most technologically advanced carbon construction available to make the most sophisticated frame possible – A complex and painstaking process with results you will appreciate on the trail.
- UFO: We’ve done away with the pivot point at the rear axle. The flexible seat stay design creates an ultralight bike that requires little maintenance and offers stiffness and acceleration like you’ve never felt in a full suspension bike. UFO saves over 140g and results in a faster Occam.
- BOOST: Occam AM is precise and responsive with 425mm chainstays and the excellent rigidity of a 12mm through-axle system. The Boost 148 standard widens rear axle spacing to 148mm which moves the chainline outboard by 3mm and increases the space available at the bottom bracket.
- Frame: Carbon 29" OMR 2017 Boost Press Fit Taper DCR / Size: S-27.5 M-27.5 M-29 L-29 XL-29
- Fork: RockShox Recon RL 150 Air Q15x110 Boost
- Wheels: Mach1 Klixx 23c Tubeless Ready TYRES: Maxxis Ardent 27.5x2.40 FB 60tpi
- Shifters: Shimano SLX M7000
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7000 GS Shadow Plus Direct Mount / Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7020 Direct mount
- Crankset: Prowheel Claw-551-TT-Boost 26x36t
- Cassette: Sun Race 11-40t 11-Speed
- Chain: Shimano HG601-11
- Handlebar: Orbea OC-II Riser 760mm
- Stem: Orbea OC-II
- Saddle: Selle Royal 2018 Trail Custom
- Orbea Digit 31.6x400mm
- Brakes: Shimano M365 Hydraulic Disc
- Pedals: Not Included
- Grips: Orbea
- Vendor Style Number: I252