In 2017, TaylorMade introduces the M1 irons — an entirely new line that packs the distance and forgiveness of M2 irons in a more compact shape for improved control. M1 irons have been crafted to bring as much of the speed, forgiveness, and playability of the M2 irons, but deliver it to the player who prefers a slightly more refined look along with additional control and workability.
- Maximised COR and Lowered CG by moving discretionary weight lowerin the head via the new 180-degree fluted hosel and ultra-thin top line provides higher launch and incredible distance. Combined with a thin, max COR face and tungsten weighting, M1 gives golfers distance with consistency on each strike.
- Face Slot Technology is engineered into M1 irons, Face Slots provide added forgiveness on shots struck toward the heel or toe. Complemented by Speed Pocket technology, which preserves distance on shots stuck low on the face, golfers experience ultimate forgiveness on mis-hits.
- M1 features a smaller overall head design compared to other distance irons. Reduced offset, thin topline, and shorter blade length provides a confidence-inducing look at address.
- The M1 irons feature tungsten weighting in the 3-7 irons, which lowers the CG to increase launch and improve ball speed. This additional weight also helps reduce the sole width to promote workability.
- TaylorMade’s Geocoustic engineering; acoustics tuned through geometry. TaylorMade’s fin badge is a feature that works in conjunction with Face Slots to dampen unwanted low frequency, long duration sounds. The sound of the M1 is optimized using thin-yet-stiff head geometry combined with strategically placed reinforcements in the topline. The resulting sound is then dampened using a very stiff fin badge connecting the back of the flexible face to the stiff back bar of the iron for optimal sound damping.
- Steel Shaft: TRUE TEMPER XP 95
- Gip: LAMKIN UTX-P .580 ROUND 47g
- Set includes: 4-PW, AW