The ASICS Gel-Kayano with its 24th iteration is sweet testimony to the continuous innovation and thoughtful design of the shoe.
- Visible Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement on multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology: Combines the best of ASICS materials and adds organic fibres to produce a lightweight midsole that is 55% lighter than normal EVA, 33% lighter than ASICS Solyte midsole material and is more durable
- FluidRide Midsole 2.0: This two layer construction is now built with two new unique midsole compounds, enabling ASICS to offer the best of both worlds: 20% more bouncy plush cushioning underfoot, and 15% lighter weight responsiveness closest to the road
- FluidFit™: ASICS FluidFit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like ﬁt
- Guidance Line®: Vertical ﬂex outsole groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for improved gait efﬁciency
- Guidance Trusstic™: This Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® construction for improved gait efﬁciency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Heel Clutching System™: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel ﬁtting environment
- Plus 3™ (Women’s only): 3mm of additional height on women’s models helps relieve Achilles tension
- Dynamic DuoMax® Support System: This evolution of DuoMax is a recognition that each IGS component works best when it evolves from static (one big block) to dynamic – (multiple ridges). Benefits: Reduces weight; Improves comfort and ride; Maintains stability
- ComforDry™ Sockliner: Provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment
- SpEVA 45 lasting: Employs 45 degrees SpEVA lasting material for a soft platform feel
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S®) (Running): ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to improve the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off