Tested and proven technologies, combined in a legendary blend of comfort, performance, and all-terrain versatility. Standing the test of time takes more than a rugged attitude – at a certain point, you just have to evolve. That’s just what the Burton Cartel binding has done, with the new Hammockstrap™ 2.0, Smooth Glide™ buckles, and years of development in each crank of the ratchet. Available in two versions, choose the across-the-board compatibility of Re:Flex™ or the ultimate flex and feel of EST® and experience a new era in pro-caliber control. The Hinge (on the EST® version only) activates medial and lateral flex for a smoother feel and easier ollies, while AutoCANT cushioning on both the EST and Re:Flex™ versions automatically tilts to put you in the most comfortable position possible.
- Baseplate: Single-Component material throughout creates consistent response and feel for all-terrain domination. 45% Short-Glass / Nylon Composite Lightweight Carbon performance without killing your credit card. With a minimized, cored baseplate and Living Hinge™ disc, Re:Flex™ dramatically improves board flex and feel, and reduces weight.
- Hi-Back: Single-Component Canted Living Hinge™- The simplicity of a one-piece hi-back means immediate response. Using our book of material secrets, we can manipulate the overall flex profile—from buttery to responsive. This exclusive technology eliminates hardware and weight, and allows you to adjust your Forward Lean and hi-back rotation independently. Zero Forward Lean Hi-Back with DialFLAD™ - Riders who prefer a more playful and relaxed feel will dig the Zero Forward Lean design on select hi-backs. As always, you can still choose to crank ‘em forward for quicker control when carving or climbing icy pipe walls. The higher the Forward Lean angle on your hi-backs, the quicker your heel-edge turns. Crank ’em forward for icy hits in the pipe like Danny does, or back ’em off for jibbing. For mind-blowing micro-adjustability, our MicroFLAD™ systems give you twice the options of our traditional FLAD.
- Ankle Strap: Hammockstrap™ 2.0 - Everything our team riders love about the Hammockstrap, but paired with Smooth Glide™ buckles for a reduced profile and more comfortable fit. Featured exclusively on the Re:Flex™ and EST® versions of the Cartel. Stitchless, Minimized Injected Design, Ultra‑Responsive 3D® Curved, Triple Axis Spine, Ultra‑Light Engineered Padding Remains Soft in Cold Temps
- Supergrip Capstrap™: This new minimalist design merges two materials into one technologically advanced toe strap. A firmer material in the spine provides a supportive and lightweight skeleton, while a softer over-molded material improves boot wrap and comfort.
- Smooth Glide™ Buckles: Feel how easy buckling in can be with the most reliable buckles in the industry. Available in two versions on our men’s and women’s bindings, choose single-component for all day buckling pleasure; or the upgraded performance of our dual-component design which offers a polycarbonate barrel for improved ratchet tongue life. All buckles feature aluminum levers and steel bases for strength you can trust.
- Re:Flex™ AutoCANT FullBED Cushioning offers full underfoot cushioning that maximizes comfort while minimizing fatigue. Anchored to the baseplate, its stealth trap door design makes it easy to access the mounting hardware. B3 Gel provides the same cushioning found in our high-end boots for ultimate dampening that’s formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
- Compatible with All Major Mounting Systems
- Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste