Stop settling for less. Get the comfort and response your riding demands in Burton’s most time-tested workhorse. No need to compromise comfort and performance for strength and reliability when you’re riding the legendary Burton Mission™ bindings. As the workhorse of Burton’s lineup, this do-it-all binding offers pro-grade features like ergonomic hi-backs featuring freestyle-minded zero Forward Lean and the seamless fit and comfort of ergonomic straps with unstoppable Smooth Glide™ buckles. Available in two models, mount the EST® version to a board with The Channel® for ultimate flex, feel, and adjustability, or go with Re:Flex™ and choose any board in the shop.
- Baseplate: Single-Component material throughout creates consistent response and feel for all-terrain domination. 30% Short-Glass / Nylon Composite Lightweight Carbon performance without killing your credit card. With a minimized, cored baseplate and Living Hinge™ disc, Re:Flex™ dramatically improves board flex and feel, and reduces weight.
- Hi-Back: Single-Component - The simplicity of a one-piece hi-back means immediate response. Using our book of material secrets, we can manipulate the overall flex profile—from buttery to responsive. Canted - Your legs don’t go straight up, and neither should your hi-backs. This ergonomic design follows the natural contours of your left and right legs to maximize control and comfort. Living Hinge™ Hi-Back - This exclusive technology eliminates hardware and weight, and allows you to adjust your Forward Lean and hi-back rotation independently. DialFLAD - The higher the Forward Lean angle on your hi-backs, the quicker your heel-edge turns. Crank ’em forward for icy hits in the pipe like Danny does, or back ’em off for jibbing. For mind-blowing micro-adjustability, our MicroFLAD™ systems give you twice the options of our traditional FLAD.
- Ankle Strap: Hammockstrap™ 2.0 - Everything our team riders love about the Hammockstrap, but paired with Smooth Glide™ buckles for a reduced profile and more comfortable fit. Featured exclusively on the Re:Flex™ and EST® versions of the Cartel. Stitchless, Minimized Injected Design, Ultra‑Responsive 3D® Curved, Triple Axis Spine, Ultra‑Light Engineered Padding Remains Soft in Cold Temps
- Supergrip Capstrap™: This new minimalist design merges two materials into one technologically advanced toe strap. A firmer material in the spine provides a supportive and lightweight skeleton, while a softer over-molded material improves boot wrap and comfort.
- Smooth Glide™ Buckles: Feel how easy buckling in can be with the most reliable buckles in the industry. Available in two versions on our men’s and women’s bindings, choose single-component for all day buckling pleasure; or the upgraded performance of our dual-component design which offers a polycarbonate barrel for improved ratchet tongue life. All buckles feature aluminum levers and steel bases for strength you can trust.
- SensoryBED™ Cushioning System: An elevated realm of cushioning, board feel, and extra-sensory control in a versatile, shred-everything package.
- *Rides Exclusively with Burton Boards Featuring The Channel™
- Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste